Friday, April 1, 2011

What I am doing to help?

Unfortunately, there is not much I can do to help sweet Sticky. I do treat myself like I have PKD and steer clear of foods that should be avoided when one has PKD.  Basically, I have to avoid animal protein, sodium, and caffeine. The last one means no chocolate!!  (This one is especially hard for a pregnant woman).  I try to eat lots of fruits and veggies and drink tons of water.  I also know that stress and anxiety can only be bad for him, so I try very hard to stay optimistic and relaxed (much easier said than done!)  To aid in this, I go to see an acupuncturist every two weeks.  She also treats me like I have kidney disease by placing the needles in the corresponding pressure points.  I also read that apple cider vinegar can help PKD, so I drink a few tablespoons of that each night.  I also take Flax Seed oil because it has been shown to reduce cyst growth in patients with PKD.  Not sure if any of this will work, but it can't hurt!  Just trying to do everything I can to help our sweet, defenseless little guy!

4 comments:

  1. Lauren,

    You are so amazing and you have us praying for you every night. Although we already pray "pee baby pee" we will not add "no more fluid around the heart." I have faith he'll be here with us!

    love you!

    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren,
    I am so inspired by your positive outlook, and I will pray for Sticky every night. I can't wait to see the little guy running around our department in just a few years!
    Margie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you started this blog! I think about you guys everyday and this way I will know what is going on. I love you so much and I can't wait to meet Sticky Bean!! Hugs and kisses!!
    Beth :)

    ReplyDelete