Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Last day of pregnancy!

Today was our final ultrasound appointment.  Sticky passed his tests (as did I!) We wanted to end strong!  We received our orders for tomorrow's surgery. We'll be arriving at the hospital at 7:30 AM and the c-section is scheduled for 9:30 AM (if you want to send some extra prayers at that time!) 

Other than that, I'm still having contractions.  Apparently without any fluid these "early labor" contractions hurt worse than normal.  However, the doctors are not at all concerned about Sticky coming early, so we are good to go!  I have to admit that I had mixed feelings about Sticky's delivery because I feel like he is safe inside me, but with these contractions I'm more than ready, because apparently he is too! 

My friend asked me to post some pictures of Sticky's nursery, so I'm putting some below.  One picture is of Sticky's honorary "coming home" outfit.  Even though he won't be coming home right away and won't be able to wear any clothes at first we thought we could at least use the Super onesie as decoration in the NICU!  He should be able to wear a hat, so naturally the San Diego Chargers will be his first.  I like that it says MVP...because that is what he is! 

We promise to update the blog as soon as we can tomorrow. Again, thank you sooo very much for your continued support and prayers.  They mean the world to us!   Sticky is looking forward to "meeting" all of his supporters!

Bolt LOVES Sticky's room - mainly all the toys!

Sticky's first outfit. Super-hero and MVP!

Looking forward to when Sticky can sleep in his own crib

Final day!

7 comments:

  1. I heard a quote once that has resonated with me since I had our son Silas. I think that on the eve of your son's birth, you will also find it particularly poignant:
    "The decision to become a mother is a momentous one. It is to choose- forever- to have your heart walking around outside of your body."
    Wishing you and Sticky a wonderful day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...you look absolutely stunning in your final-day-of-pregnancy picture, Lauren!
    Will be thinking of you and praying hard...looking forward to updates tomorrow. Big hugs to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nursery looks sooo cute and you look beautiful Lauren!!! Thanks for posting the pics and sending tons of love and prayers your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Aunt Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love and prayers coming your way, Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. The eyes and ears of family and friends from all around the world are upon the dearest family of Sticky Bean.... Lauren and Jon , you have been in our thoughts and prayers continuously . Thank you so much for sharing your journey, this Miracle of Life with us. We celebrate with you on this day with the highest of hopes and dreams for a happy and healthy Sticky Bean arrival !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been thinking of you today and sending love and prayers for a happy, healthy Sticky day. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete