Friday, September 14, 2012

Tree Dedication in Honor of Rex

My wonderful colleagues at Eckerd College (led mostly by my dear friend, Margie) organized and attended a beautiful memorial service and tree dedication for Rex today.  The service, led by Chaplain McMahon, was absolutely perfect.  Below are some pictures from the event.  I'm so happy to have a place on campus to visit and reflect on our sweet boys.

Here is poem that we asked Chaplain McMahon to read.


I thought of you with love today, but that is nothing new. 

I thought about you yesterday and the day before that too. 

I think of you in silence. I often say your name. 

But all I have are memories and your picture in a frame.

Your memory is my keepsake, with which I’ll never part. 

God has you in His keeping. I have you in my heart. 

I shed tears for what might have been. A million times I’ve cried. 

If love alone could have saved you, you never would have died.

In life I loved you dearly. In death I love you still.

In my heart you hold a place no one can ever fill. 

It broke my heart to lose you but you didn’t go alone 

for part of me went with you, the day God took you home.



Before the unveiling
Memorial table
Beautiful winged elm
Dragonfly that attended the memorial :)  


Plaque with Rex's actual footprints!



Proud parents
Perfect service!

No comments:

Post a Comment