Monday, December 12, 2011

A daily reminder

Something wonderful that came out of the heartbreak I endured this year was the creation of new friendships.  The connections I have made with other women who have also lost a baby is utterly amazing. Their stories, words of wisdom, support, and encouragement helped me through my darkest of days.  Their friendship is very special and will endure a lifetime.

One of these wonderful women gave me the most meaningful and special gift, and I wanted to share it with everyone.  She lost her first son to a kidney problem and really understood everything I was going through.  Her support and prayers have meant so much to me.  Well, we got the chance to meet a few weeks ago.  During our chat, she gave me a silver eternity ring with the following Bible verse engraved:

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11



I wear it every day and if I am feeling sad or defeated, I can simply look down and read the message.  It is so comforting.  The smallest things really can make the biggest difference.

I feel so incredibly lucky to have so many amazing friends and family supporting me.  Thank you to each and every one of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment